ICHR signed an affiliation agreement with the Aurora College in September 2020. This agreement outlines the development of key collaborations for training and operational support that supplements and informs northern-based research and education.
Aurora Research Institute and the ICHR, we will collaborate to support community involvement in health research, enhance health education and build capacity in both organizations for northern led research collaborations through the Research Support Fund.
The Research Support Fund assists Canadian postsecondary institutions and their affiliated research hospitals and institutes with the expenses associated with managing the research funded by the three federal research granting agencies:
- the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR);
- the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC);
- and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
Research Support Fund grants can be used to: maintain modern labs and equipment; provide access to up-to-date knowledge resources; provide research management and administrative support; meet regulatory and ethical standards; and transfer knowledge from academia to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. For more information please visit the Research Support Fund main page http://www.rsf-fsr.gc.ca/
- Joel McAlister, VP Research, Aurora Research Institute
- Dr. Pertice Moffitt, Research Associate, Aurora College
- Kimberly Fairman, Executive Director, ICHR